Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Just documenting this here!

Sorry it is so long I remember it like it was yesterday!!!!Here's the story:I went in for my 39 week check up on Sept 11, I put my bags in my car because I just had a feeling that I would be needing them. I went to my moms and we took my car to the Dr. They put me on the monitor for contractions and the baby's heartrate. The whole 30 min I was in the his hr was in the 180s. it had NEVER been that high. When the Dr came in the room to check me I told him I was concerned about the babys HR he looked at the printout of the contractions, which I was having but not really feeling, and didn't even check me he said, go directly to L&D, don't go to Burger King or anywhere else. Mind you the baby was breech so I knew that I was in for the long haul, and I forgot to eat breakfast, so all of a sudden I was starving. My mom and I get in the car, the DR office is like 2min from the hosp. So we have like 2 in to call my fiancee' and my dad and tell them what was going on. We weren't at the hosp but 15 minn when my Dr showed up and told me I wasn't leaving w/o my baby he just didnt know when he was gonna do the section. So all I could have was clear liquids till 4pm, then nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!So in the mean time (TMI sorry!) the Dr prescribed an enema I can honestly say, that to me this was the worst part of the whole pregnancy. WEll Dr comes back at 6 and says ok, it's either at midnight, 6am, or noon tomorrow. SO I still can't have anyhting to eat or drink I was starving and way parched. Well at 9pm he came back and said it will be at 6am, ok fine. My family was all back at the hosp at 5:15am. At 5:20 a nurse walks int he room and says it will be noon because he had an emergency. At this point i was ready to kill my Dr. I was still having contractions butnothing any type of painful (thank god)!!! SO after no sleep I was to anxious, I was gonna be holdng my angel soon, no food, no liquids the Dr walks in at 8am and I gave him an earful, I embarrased my mom but oh well. SO they finally came and started prepping me at 11:00. She put the catherter in,with no anesthesia, I had to drink some nasty drink because I was going under general anesthesia because I couldn't have any type of spinal anesthesia. Well, I walk into the operating room at 12:00 and lie myself on the operating table, it was freezing!!! THey brought me warm blankets and then start strapping me down. Them the nurse washed my stomach. I saw all the nurses and Dr standing around me just waiting to go they said "goodnight Jennifer" and I was out. The next thing I remember was someone saying" do you know where you are" I said yea, the hosp" "How's my baby" Then Tony, my fiancee' said "perfect" and boy did he mean it. He was perfect. He got 9/9 on his apgars and about an hour after he was born we were breastfeeding, not very well, it took lots of practice. I am so in love and I cry sometimes just thinking about him. I was watching him sleep last night and he looked just like a little doll. He was born at 12:14, just 14 min after I walked myself in to the room. He weighed 7lbs 6oz and was 19 in long. He looks just like his daddy, kinda makes me sad he doesn't seem to resemble any part of me yet.

No comments: