Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Still just documenting this here!

I went in on that Thu for monitoring. His HR was erradict going from 200 down to 115...consistently. Dr came in at 5 and said "we are a go for 8pm"...I was so excited I was shaking. I texted and called everyone I had too, then realized, "oh, ya, i need to call my husband"...anyways. They get me into my own room. L&D was CRAZY that day, they delivered 8 babies...so they hooked me up to the monitor and I was relaxing talking to my mom.. and I heard the HB go crazy, it was over 200 for like 5 min, I was freakin. At like 6 my dad got there, at 7:15 the doc comes in and says anesthesiology is on its way and after they get the surgery room clean we are a go! Ok, great, but where is my freakin husband. Ok, so he gets there at 7:40 ( he takes his dear sweet time, I wish he would have missed it, just to prove a point) then the anesthesiologist comes in and starts asking me a few questions...then he looks at tony and says "LITTLE T" and then they start reminiscing from high school. Great, hello, this is about ME. Anyways. Right at 8, on Thursday, Oct 5 they walk me to the surgery room. (insert: i did ask if we could post pone this for just an hour...hello girls, 8:00...Thursday...get where I am going here...I missed GRey's Anatomy)I get on the table, lay down...me nurse, anesthesiologist and anes student, and OB tech in there. "Time to put the catheter in" oh shit. It took 3 of them holding my legs apart. I probably would have been fine if TOny's old high school buddy wasn't staring at my vagina! He said "howd you get preggo like this"...made me laugh and relax. Dr's come in. I hear anes student ask anesthesiologist if they need to give me the stuff yet..he says "no, with sections we have to wait till the LAST minute" WELL GIRLS..... they waited a little past the last FREAKIN minute. I felt the Dr feeling my belly for positioning, then I feel it THE CUT!!!! I started saying "AHHHH" (hard to say with an oxygen mask on my face) then I just start laughing. I specificially told the anesthesiologist to not let him cut me before I was asleep... When I am nervous or freakin out I laugh. So they stop, Dr peeks over the curtain and apologizes...then I am asleep.I wake up at 9:30 and the first words out of my mouth to my mom were "he f'n cut me before I was asleep"...mom said "i heard, he was hoping you'd forget"....then i was just in so much pain I dont remember much, just that it hurt, the nurse was adding to my morphine pump like every 3 min...so, they ended up doubling the dose.I remeber I kept asking for my baby...I needed to nurse him ASAP..I asked for 2 hours..then someone said as soon as his temp is regulated they'd bring him..then another hour later a nurse practitioner comes in...as soon as she said her name I knew he was in NICU...she said he was showing signs of infection adn was needing help breathing, but mabye he didn't have infection and was just needing the help and everything would clear up.I asked when I could see him and she said as soon as I could get in a wheelchair. That didn't happen till lunch time on Friday. When I saw him he had his poor head in that fishbowl thing. We couldn't even see his face because of the condensation on it. What I did see didn't look like Noah. BUt by Sunday when I could hold him...he looked EXACTLY like Noah...sooo cute. He has these long toes and fingers, just so precious. On Saturday they had started feeding him, what Iwould pump, out of a bottle. I was freakin out girls...,terrified he'd never nurse. Well, I tried on Sunday, and this kid sleeps like no other. But by monday he was strictly nursing! I didn't even get him into my room till 8:30 Sunday night...technically and hour and a half after I was discharged.He did great in my room, had to go back to NICU 4 times a day, 2 for regular checks and 2 for some antibiotics. We FINALLY left at 3ish on Thursday, it was FANTASTIC. I was sooo stoked. I was so happy to be getting my baby home.Oh, my parents brought Noah up Sunday night at 9, after he was in my room to see Jacob for the first time. Noah walked into my room, didn't even look around, he said "where is my jacob?" I told him to come here and get on my bed. When he saw his brother in the bassinett it was amazing, the look was awesome. He said "i want my brother" he sat on the bed, likke he knew he had to. WE gave him Jacob and he looked at me and said 'this is MY Jacob mommy, where is yours? in the nursery??" OMG I died...it was sooo cute. I explained he was our Jacob and we had to share. SO i was holding JAcob a few min later and Noah said "GIVE ME MY JACOB BACK MOM, YOU HAVE TO SHARE!" sooo funny. I am so amazed how Noah has accepted Jacob into our family. There are times at night that he wants me and I am having to deal with Jacob and he gets mad. Anytime we go anywhere he makes sure Jacob is going and we aren't leaving him.

No comments: